|Fall and Spring Terms
- Schedule date for Open and Closed Defense. *
- Assemble your Dissertation document following instructions from Pitt’s ETD website (: http://www.pitt.edu/~graduate/etd/).
- Bound typed copies of the document must be distributed to each member of your committee at least four weeks prior to defense date.
- After defense, make changes to the written document as required by the Doctoral Committee.
- Submit your document** electronically via Pitt’s ETD website (http://www.pitt.edu/~graduate/etd/). See program liaison for instructions.
* The date, time, location of the defense, candidate’s name, departmental affiliation and title of dissertation must be made public to the School of Pharmacy no less than 30 days prior to the date of defense. The same information must be published in the University Times well in advance of the defense date (normally 2 weeks).
**The final ETD is due no later than 30 days following the date of graduation. (Address all questions pertaining to the submission of forms and documents related to graduation to the program liaison.)
- Submit associated paperwork for the scheduling and advertisement of the dissertation defense.
- At Closed Defense have each member of committee complete the “Evaluation Form for Comprehensive and Doctoral Exams”. Submit to program liaison.
- At Closed Defense have Committee complete the “PhD Dissertation Defense Report” and submit to program liaison.
- Graduation application must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the date of graduation defined by the University’s academic calendar. See program liaison for information.
- as well as for submission of the electronic form of the dissertation (ETD) ** to program liaison