Trigger: On a monthly basis the school registrar will pull a report from the Student DataMart of PharmD student addresses. This data is then used to update the RxSchool DB.
Historical note: At one time, we kept three addresses for each student: the home address or “permanent address”, the campus address, and a preferred mailing address. However, this was abandoned and replaced with the policy as stipulated here, as per the Director of Student Services:
After speaking with Marcia, she informed me that students are told during Orientation that the only address that the School of Pharmacy will recognize is their home address. If their home and mailing address differ in PeopleSoft, it doesn’t matter for our purposes. Therefore, it is conceivable that a student may receive official communication from the university (e.g. semester tuition bill) at their local mailing address and correspondence from us to their home (presumably parents’ home) address. I remind students to update their address(es) each semester, but I will begin framing the request moving forward in a way that reinforces the communication that their home address is the only one we use.
Please remember to CSSD-NOCMonitors@pitt.edu and CC me( Dennis Wakefield) as they are always there and can do these restarts.
Here is who to contact when an EWI web domain is unresponsive.
Delete residents who have left
Export leaving residents
Import new residents to “Resident” table
make time cards for the current week for the new residents
Request that the leaving residents be deleted and the new residents added to the AD group: RX-FMS-CommunityResidents
Each year, at the beginning of July, a new class of pharmacy residents begin. The following steps need to happen regarding this:
- Remove leaving residents from email lists (rxschool, rxresident, pharmtherapeutics)
- Update residents who are remaining so they are now connected to the correct program.
- Delete leaving residents from the RxSchool DB
- Add new residents to RxSchool DB
- Add new residents to email lists (rxschool, rxresident, pharmtherapeutics)
- Revise the residency pages to have correct list of residents
Receive three spreadsheets from Residency coordinator- residents stating, arriving, leaving. Go into RxSchool DB and mark the remaining residents as MGT = “Stay.” Put the new program in the field::Notes. for those residents who are leaving, set MGT =”Remove”
Take the “new residents” spreadsheet and turn it into a FMP database. Add these fields:
Type = Resident
Title: Pharmacy Resident
Trigger: Monthly on a schedule, the registrar in Student Services does an export from the DataWarehouse/PeopleSoft and updates matching records in the RxStudent database.
Export of data process:
Import to RxStudent process:
- Rename columns to match DB
Rename the fields:
Rename Peoplesoft ID to PeopleSoft_ID (must include the underscore)
“Home Address….” to “Paddress1, PAddress2, PCity, PState, PZip” (no spaces in the names)
Rename the fields “Mailing…” to “CAddress1, CAddress2, CCity, CState, CZip””
2) Drag and open in FMP save as FMP file, then close. (It needs to be sitting on your desktop)
3) Open the RxStudent DB
4) Select Script under Scripts:StudentServices: Update Address Information
5) Close RxStudent
6) Delete The Address Report DB you created in #2
Do an export of all Faculty and all GradStudents
- Import to the Annual Review table for these persons
- Use id_Person as a match field to update existing records, make sure to check “add new records
- Delete all records in the presentations table
- Delete all records in the publications table
- Delete all records in the person_publications table
Export Goals to new table and do these things:
- Change field names
- Progress to old_progress
- Text to progress
- Create/run script to change year to current year
delete all Goals records
import these fields from the new table
- Find all AR records
- Run script “AR Prep Set Competed”
- set field year to current year (not yet in a script)
Mark the students to be moved in PharmSchool
Some MS students should be removed as graduated in MS, but who remain in the PhD program- for these students, change their field “Program” to “PhD” and set “mgt” to “k”
others are graduated and should be moved. set their “mgt” to “move”
Export all [mgt = k OR move] as a FMP DB
Use the People table, the directory table and the Grad student table.
Export the photos!!!
In PharmSchool, find mgt = move, and delete these records
Import into the Alumni table
fields to match:
- degree entering
- degreeDisplay **