PharmD Student Kenneth Richardson

Kenneth Jaquez Richardson,Class of 2023, was awarded the 2020 CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students. Each year, CVS Health and the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) selects high-achieving first-year or second-year PharmD students of underrepresented minority backgrounds who demonstrate academic success, leadership, and commitment to progressing the pharmacy profession and patient healthcare. Each recipient is awarded a single $8,000 scholarship.

Being awarded this scholarship means far more than alleviating the financial burden of pharmacy school expenses. It is an affirmation that I chose the most authentic career path and to be in the best position to make huge impacts on patient’s lives,” Richardson said. “This award also allows me to represent and inspire rising minority pharmacy students, affirming that they can do it too.”

Richardson also said he feels optimistic in his growth through pharmacy school, noting that he would use his skill set to advocate and serve patients through compassion, integrity, and empathy. “I look forward to taking more advantages of opportunities through my organizations, internship, and extracurricular experiences to optimize patient care in the community,” he said. “This scholarship is a monumental boost in my drive to become a successful pharmacist and better provider for future patients.”

Click here to read more about the CVS Health Minority Scholarship winners