APRIL 2022 GRADUATION DEADLINES AND REQUIREMENTS
You Are Responsible For Reading The Following Information Regarding Graduation. Not following the requirements listed below could jeopardize your graduation.
APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION: Any student who plans to complete degree requirements in the Fall Term must fill out an application for graduation by Friday, December 3, 2021. https://www.registrar.pitt.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/Application%20for%20Graduation.pdf Applications will be accepted until April 6, 2022 with a varying late fee. Students who applied for graduation in a prior term must reapply for the current term. Only the student’s legal name may be used on the application (documentation supporting name changes must accompany the application).
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS: Students must be registered for one credit or, if needed, Full Time Dissertation Study (FTDS) in the term in which they graduate.
INCOMPLETE GRADES: All I and/or G grades including those not relevant to the degree program must be changed before the degree can be posted. Change of Grade cards must be sent by the instructor or departmental administrator to 5141 Sennott Sq., or the department must state in writing that the incomplete course(s) are not required for the degree.
E-MAIL NOTIFICATION: E-mail Lori Altenbaugh, email@example.com, Defense Title, Date Defending, Location, and Time of Defense. Your defense must be advertised at least 30 days prior to your defense date.
CANDIDATES FOR THE PH.D. DEGREE-ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION (Please refer to the templates on line at https://etd.pitt.edu/template-help) All candidates for the Ph.D. degree must submit the following to the Student Services Office, 904 Salk Hall by NOON on April 8, 2022.
- School of Pharmacy Graduation Survey
- Original copy of Comprehensive and Doctoral Examination Evaluation Form from each committee member http://www.pages.pharmacy.pitt.edu/gradhandbook/forms-2/
- ETD approval form signed by all committee members (electronic signatures are not allowed) https://etd.pitt.edu/sites/default/files/Approval_Form.pdf
- Dissertation Defense (PH.D.) Report signed by all committee members. http://www.pages.pharmacy.pitt.edu/gradhandbook/forms-2/
- Uploaded file to ETD submission page, formatted correctly with all appropriate bookmarks and hyperlinks.
- Copy of Online Survey of Earned Doctorate (please see attached directions) https://sed-ncses.org/login.aspx
- Receipt for processing and microfiche; pay $50 fee in the Student Payment Center in G‑7 Thackeray Hall OR Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student ID, and the fee amount. The Student Payment Center will post the fee to PittPAY so you can pay it online. PittPAY will email you a receipt that you can forward to Lori Altenbaugh at email@example.com
DIPLOMAS AND OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: Complimentary copies are expected to be mailed the week of June 21-27, 2022 to the address on your application for graduation. The Registrar has two address databases, graduation and People Soft. If a change is needed after submission of the graduation application, you must make certain you update it in both areas of the Registrar.
Students, please make sure you are submitting ALL required documents correctly and in the proper format.
REQUIRED GRADUATION MATERIALS
Checklist for PhD Applicants
- ETD approval form (double sided) with signatures of all committee members. If you have co-chairs – they must both sign in all the places for the chair.
- -ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Uploaded file to ETD submission page:
- Instructions for ETDs can be found at the following website:https://etd.pitt.edu/
- at a minimum there must be bookmarks for the following pages in the following order:
- Title page
- Table of contents
- List of tables (if there are tables)
- List of figures (if there are figures)
- List of schemes (if there are schemes)
- List of equations (if there are equations)
- Each chapter
- Each appendix
-email Lori Altenbaugh after upload is complete at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU CAN UPLOAD A DRAFT OF YOUR ETD AT ANY TIME
- Survey of Earned Doctorate
- Receipt for ETD Processing: -pay $50.00 in the Student Payment Center in G-7 Thackeray Hall – pay $50 fee in the Student Payment Center in G‑7 Thackeray Hall OR Email email@example.com with your name, student ID, and the fee amount. The Student Payment Center will post the fee to PittPAY so you can pay it online. PittPAY will email you a receipt that you can forward to Lori Altenbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for the Online Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED)
All students must complete the Online Survey of Earned Doctorates. The Survey can be found at the following address:
Please follow the directions below to complete the survey.
- At the survey registration website, you will be asked to provide your, institution, graduation month and year, and an e-mail address. Currently, the only option for “School/College” is Graduate School.
- Shortly after filling out the registration page (typically within seconds), you will receive an email with the URL to the actual survey, and a unique PIN and Password. You can suspend the survey before he/she completes it without losing their previous responses and can return to it at a later time by using the PIN and Password.
- E-mail confirmation. There is a space provided at the end of the survey for you to enter in two email addresses. Enter your e-mail address and Lori Altenbaugh’s, email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Lori Altenbaugh firstname.lastname@example.org If you have general questions about the survey, please contact NORC who administers the survey at 1-800-248-8649 or at email@example.com.
School of Pharmacy Survey of Recent Graduates
NAME: _____________________________________________(please print)
New Mailing Address:_________________________________________
E-Mail (not Pitt E-mail address):_________________________________
- Do you have a position with a two-year institution?
- If yes, what is the name and location of the institution?
- If yes, is it a renewable position?
- Do you have a position with a four-year institution?
- If yes:
- If yes, what type of position is it?
Post-doct_____________ is it a multiple year post-doc? Yes No
Visiting instructor_______ is it renewable? Yes No
- Do you have a position in either industry or the private sector?
- If yes:
- Do you have a position with the government?
- If yes:
- Are you going to continue your education?
- If yes:
Name of Institution_____________________________________
Name of Degree Sought_________________________________
Estimated Date of Graduation_____________________________
Thank you for your time and effort with this survey. All information will remain confidential and will be used solely by the University of Pittsburgh, School of Pharmacy. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 412-648-1014