PittPharmacy PIER (Pharmacy, Innovations, Experience, and Research) is a program offered by the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy to high school and undergraduate students to help navigate and learn about the various paths of pharmacy through an innovative curriculum, lifelong mentorship, and unique experiential sites.
Who are we?
We are a group of PittPharmacy student pharmacists and faculty who have organized this program for students interested in learning more about pharmacy. We are hoping to share our wisdom about the vast diversity of career paths that exist in this field and offer the resources to help interested students set themselves apart from their class. Our main goal is to help you determine your passions in pharmacy and provide you with the opportunities to explore them.
How can this program benefit you?
- Inside look at PittPharmacy
- Mentorship with current PittPharmacy faculty and students
- Unique experiential sites at various pharmacy locations
- Networking with practicing pharmacists
- Head-start at your career in the health care field
- Resume building and review
PIER Summer 2022
Summer PIER will be conducted virtually via Zoom!
High school and undergraduate students will get the opportunity to learn about unique careers during webinars where practicing pharmacists will share about their paths to their current careers and advice that they have learned along the way. Mentors will also be helping with resume review workshop where students can get advice on their resumes.
Applications are due by July 5, 2022!
Providing innovators and discoveries that solve complex medication-based problems of today and tomorrow. The innovators are our people—our students, our alumni, and our faculty and staff.
We are innovators who are
- Discovering new drug entities
- Developing new drug delivery systems
- Identifying ever more effective ways for pharmacists to deliver patient care
- Defining the future of pharmacy education
We are personalizing the education of our students by
- Helping each student find their niche in the expansive environment that is health care
- Engaging students in learning experiences that accelerate their professional growth
- Preparing students to innovate, to lead, and to improve health
- Getting our students to expert faster
We are improving the health of the people where we live and work. We deliver and shape care delivery
- During transitions of care
- In the community and in health care institutions
- For the medically underserved
- In international communities